Last weekend was a big one. Moses and I celebrated five years of being together/dating/living together/life in general. What do you call bf/gf anniversaries? Can you call them anniversaries or do they need to be called something else like a dating anniversary? Whatever you call it, we celebrated ours and it was lovely. However, the big event revolved around a six pound sweetheart named Vienna. She turned 9!! Can you even believe it? I swear she doesn't look a day over 2. We celebrated the big 9 with two long walks, an afternoon sunbath, and lots of treats!
I'm calling these treats creature cookies cause a) they're shaped like creatures--cute happy hearty (get it) hippos and b) they are for furry creatures aka (wo)man's bff. Inspired by animal crackers, these cookies are dog friendly and Vienna approved. Made with only five ingredients, they are the perfect way to celebrate a birthday or a Wednesday. And because I wouldn't be a good dog mom without inspecting them first, I tested them and decided they are great for dogs but not so much for dog moms.
Cutest little cookie monster in all the lands!
- 1/2 c. unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c. natural peanut butter (no additives)
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 c. garbanzo flour
- 3/4 c. oat flour
- Stand mixer or mixing bowl and whisk
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters (I got my hippo cutter here)
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- Wire cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the pumpkin, peanut butter, and egg together on medium-high speed for a minute or until throughly combined.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flours until just incorporated then turn out onto a lightly oat floured surface.
- Knead for a minute then roll out to 1/4" thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters then place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool completely then store in an airtight jar or container.