Fluffy Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes
Midweek wins: holly and pine trimmings have been picked up and placed in the perfect spots (by Moses) in our apartment, all of Moses' birthday presents are ordered and should be delivered before his birthday on Saturday (fingers crossed), bangs/fringe were trimmed on Monday (I can see again), and my Christmas pjs arrived and are actually and shockingly the perfect length (thanks J.Crew for showing petites some love)! Other wins worth mentioning: I won my Fantasy matchup for the week, beat my alarm yesterday (not today tho), and I made these super quick and easy and FLUFFFY pancakes from my girl, Adrianna's new A Cozy Coloring Cookbook!!
Do you feel like you're not a coloring book kind of person? Maybe like you don't know why adults love coloring so much nowadays... well I was more or less in the same boat until this book came into my life. Guys, coloring is so fun. And it's calming, and seeing those pages colored in is weirdly super gratifying. And then pair that with the fact that this book's got 40 fun and simple recipes to go with all those beautifully, newly colored pages! Well, as if I didn't have enough gift ideas, now I want to buy this book for all my family and friends. And maybe a really rad set of color pencils. Ok, definitely with a really good set, cause guys I have 24 colors and trust me, that's not enough. Oh well, at least I've got pancakes! ;)
FLUFFY LEMON-RICOTTA PANCAKES
Reprinted with permission from A Cozy Coloring Cookbook
Makes 9-10 pancakes
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large glass measuring cup
- Large skillet
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, ricotta, egg, lemon zest, vanilla, and butter. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Grease a large skillet and heat over medium-low heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet. Cook in batches, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve and enjoy (with lots of maple syrup)!