Hooray for Friday!! Are you ready for the big weekend? Call it what you will, Valentine's, Galentine's, or just another Sunday, I'd say it's a pretty great reason to do something fun, eat a bunch of sweets, and treat yourself (and those you love) right. And then as if that wasn't enough to get excited about, Monday's a holiday (for some of us), so three day weekend here we come! Looks like this weekend is going to be pretty sweet, huh? Before we dive into it though, here's what I've fixating on this week:
- Japan School Lunch. My mom acted like I've been living under a rock when I sent this to her. I think her response was, "I saw that a while ago." Anyway, if you haven't seen it, it's def worth a watch. It made me wish I had grown up in Japan. Aside from all the life skills, the lunch looked really good!!
- Creative People. Creatives, you tell me, is this accurate? How does this make you feel. I def lol'd a few times while scrolling through this, and felt a kinship to some of it.
- Hario Olivewood French Press. Do I need this? No, and Moses would kill me if I added another coffee tool to the house, but gosh is this pretty and I'm def crushing hard.
- Textured Chocolate Bars. Are you not impressed!? I am!!! I'm absolutely mesmerized. Basically, these "chocolatexturebars" have different textures on each face/square/rectangle and allow tasters to experience new taste dimension. I'll bite...now where can we find these? :D
- Julia Child's Kitchen: What would you cook? The fine folks at Food52 are talking about what they'd cook in Julia's newly acquired Provence home. I'd def make boeuf bourguignon. What about you?
- Upside Down & Inside Out. Remember that treadmill music video? Well this my friends might just be the coolest video of the year. I may or may not have clapped at the end of it. I also may have looked like a Pixar character (think big eyes and giant grin). Read more about it here.
- White + Grey. Modern, minimalist, Scandinavian. Need I say more?
- Love You a Brunch. These are the cutest conversation heart cookies I've ever seen.
- More Hearts. Speaking of conversation hearts, these chocolate beauties are calling my name. Gosh, I love Valentine's Day. It's just too cute to hate.
- Gemstone Soap. The gals at HonestlyWTF are pretty much my style gurus. They got impeccable style, have master the art of flair, and have the best taste in, well, everything! They also happen to be DIY mavens, which is why I'm currently obsessing over their DIY gemstone soap kit!!
If you want to channel your inner craft queen (or king), HonestlyWTF has got you covered. They teamed up with MakersKit to bundle up all the tools and supplies you need to DIY it up and I'm crushing hard. This gemstone kit is the first in their series, and I'm already dying to see what they come out with next. I can't even begin to tell you how cool I felt when I finished crafting my own gorgeous (if I say so myself) gems. And when Moses came home, he made me feel even cooler and told me how rad they were. I'm pretty much planning on giving some to every person who comes over ('til I run out and have to make more). Happiest of Fridays, you guys.
Ps - What are your current fixations? I'd love to hear about them!